AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Can you make these new vehicles not shut of when sitting at a stop light?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

WAYNE0224
Posted 5/8/2021 07:45 (#8993509 - in reply to #8992278)
Subject: RE: Can you make these new vehicles not shut of when sitting at a stop light?

west central ohio
BBfarms - 5/7/2021 14:41

Every vehicle I drove with this feature was hardly noticeable. I think to some it a Pride thing (??) or just plain afraid of any "new" technology.

Lets go one step farther.... "I think" that I will have to replace the starter every year" " I think it will not start when it should" "I think I will be in for thousands of $$$ in repair bills in a few years"

If it was not a proven technology it would not be in service, yes at some point most anything will fail, but you folks just got to get over it with this start stop feature, it's been around for a while now and it's NOT going away

-------Lets recap how well this NEW tech has penciled out for the consumer...... GM 5.3, 6.0, 6.2 engines drop the cam and lifters pre 100K due to fuel saving lifters. Honda odyssey mini vans with the 3.5 are wiping out cylinder rings on the back 2 cylinders, due to cylinder cancellation, which makes them use oil pre 100k. The new vehicles will not do the engine stop feature until 500 miles have passed. There are 2 reasons for this. 1---so the customer will buy the car and have it past the return window has passed before they realize that they hate this feature. 2--- because this feature is damaging to the engine bearings!!!! The mfg knows that engines that are not broke in, will be damaged by the start stop feature!!!! The goal for all of this crap is to get you so annoyed with this crap, that you embrace the electric vehicle and are content with having a limited driving range, in exchange for less annoyances and costs. This is just the tip of the iceberg, but I picked two very popular models to present this realization for you.

Edited by WAYNE0224 5/8/2021 07:51
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)