AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Case IH farmer
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

havin’funfarming
Posted 5/10/2021 09:10 (#8997589 - in reply to #8997370)
Subject: RE: Case IH farmer

OntarioCanuck - 5/10/2021 07:11

I think Israel is proof the vaccine works
You are starting to see it in the US as numbers increase enough.

Millions around the world have been vaccinated already and the risk of problems is very very low
The risk of problems from Covid is very definitely much greater

The risks from anti viral drugs are definite too and how long would an anti viral drug work?
Do you have to take it all the time for protection that it may give?

Your freedom choice is not impeded anymore than your freedom to drive is or your freedom to swing your arm is
They end when they might harm someone else.

You choose to not become protected then you make the choice to not go where you could infect others.

If a vaccine stops the virus from replicating in a person then any chance of that person spreading it is minimal.
When enough people have been vaccinated the chance of spread is reduced to almost nothing just as it is with other vaccines like measles.

Your choice is to join the vaccinated group or the non vaccinated group no one stops you from that decision.

You are not listening to the argument that I’m making. I am not arguing that the vaccine is likely safer than the virus itself. I can say likely because we do not have proof of what the long term risk is with the vaccine is, we only have beliefs. Those beliefs are based on what we are told. That is exactly how religion works also. We are told, or read what was written, by those who devote their lives to their respective fields of interest.

The drug I mentioned, Ivermectin, is proven to be one of the safest drugs ever, both short and long term. The vast majority of studies have shown it to be effective also. It is not the only drug that has shown to be effective either.

The only reason we now fear variants is because your currently favoured way forward, a vaccine, has a high potential to be thwarted by variants. Antivirals are much less likely to be thwarted by variants. If covid can be controlled to the point where when sick, antivirals can stop the viruses progression, thus reducing the death rate like the vaccine does and the constant threat of variants is nullified, life can truly get back to normal.

To make it clear, an effective treatment that occurs after contracting the virus would reduce the risk of death the same as the vaccine does, it would virtually eliminate the risk variants pose unlike vaccines, it would reduce the risk of long term complications through stopping viral replication like vaccines do, and it is very possible that it can be done with well proven, cheap drugs, unlike a vaccine that is not even close to being proven safe as of yet, especially long term.

Are you seriously concerned about how long an antiviral drug would be effective when you already know that the existing vaccine is already highly suspected of not being effective against the new variants?

You know how antiviral drugs are generally used, that is when sick. There are people who have chosen to remain on one very safe drug continuously for prevention. Personally, I don’t want to do that but to each their own.

With this new vaccine, you are under its continuous effects, both good and possibly bad. In fact if it’s effects weaken you will need a booster shot. There is no proof that it is benign yet.

Yes, there is a real threat that my choices will be impeded. You know as well as I do that there are major restrictions being proposed for those who choose not to vaccinate. If it is true that my rights end when they might harm someone else then it logically follows that no one can expect someone else to take a vaccine that has the potential to harm them. Any restrictions on my freedom would be a violation of my rights by people who’s rights have ended according to you.

I can, and will, explain it to you, but I can not understand it for you. If you are vaccinated you should believe you are safe. I can not harm you by not being vaccinated. I am the one taking the risk. I am allowing you complete freedom of choice.

If you are not against restrictions being imposed on those who do not want to get vaccinated it is you who are violating people’s rights. Some people are very concerned that they might be harmed by a new type of vaccine who’s safety is as of yet unproven. They have a right to not be harmed and your rights have ended as well.

So, I ask again, from the safety of your vaccinated status, would you support the cause I propose.

BTW, the reason this is a hot button for me right now was I just went through this with my brother. It was much more than I will type but basically he said he just wants us all to be on the same side so that we can get this behind us. I told him great! Let’s agree to not get vaccinated! He didn’t agree though. You see, he said one thing but really meant another. He didn’t just want to be on the same side, he only wanted me to be on the side he choose.

For the record, as I have said here before, I am not sure if I will get the vaccine. It is not out of the question. What I am absolutely against is being forced, or should I say coerced through restrictions, to take it by people who don’t even trust the vaccine enough themselves to believe I am not a danger to them. This is about a persons rights and it is almost invariably true that the only people who want to reduce the rights of people are those who don’t even trust their own solution to covid, vaccinations.

So again, answer my question. You are free to do what you want. Do you support my freedom to do what I want without restrictions. Don’t give me this crap that I’m dangerous if you are vaccinated. If you don’t trust it enough to allow me my freedoms then there is no reason to take it. Prove that you believe you are safe now and fight for zero restrictions. That attitude will do more to convince me to take the vaccine than anything.

Edited by havin’funfarming 5/10/2021 12:40
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)