AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Grocery stores limiting purchases
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Stock TalkMessage format

beanplanter
Posted 3/30/2020 09:43 (#8151269 - in reply to #8150563)
Subject: RE: Grocery stores limiting purchases

Missouri

Not sure I saw anyone touch on this one...

There's a lot of really old people who struggle just getting out of the house and to the store. Many of these people live on a very limited budgets. A lot of them found themselves standing in a store during early afternoon only to find empty shelves after the herd of millennial methican americans wiped them clean. I had to go to a damn gas station just to get a single 1/2 for my grandmother in order to keep her from going to town and having the same experience. After having to go to 3 grocery stores and then the gas station just to get a 1/2, I was to the point I hoped their meth pipe catches their tp stash on fire and their fridge quits.

It also happened to 3 very old women who live in my nearest town's low income retirement housing. The local church heard about it from the Oats bus driver and came and got some beef, pork from a neighbor, milk from the mennonites, and eggs from the local chicken nut and told them to just stay home and call when they needed more. These women are so old and frail that I had no idea they were still alive, let alone even still got out of the house. Going to town has to be a job that they need a day of rest to recover from. They even tried opening the stores to elderly only for the first hour, but those people aren't making it to the store at 7 freaking am, so it didn't last long. 

I don't know about your cows, but I can't just flip a switch on mine and get them to make more milk or beef the next day let alone all the other production and delivery changes that would have to happen overnight. As far as dumping, I've asked numerous people who mentioned it happening in facebook dairy producer groups for a picture of it and not a single one of them has ever been able to get a picture of it happening. It's not hard to scratch a date in the dirt and take a quick pic of the white stuff flowing into the pit, but it's a conversation killer when you ask about it.

The shelves are basically staying restocked now, but the idiot sheep run was something to behold.

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)