AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Gluten Intolerance Wheat Farmers
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

jd43
Posted 3/8/2019 12:06 (#7367418 - in reply to #7367363)
Subject: RE: Gluten Intolerance Wheat Farmers

Northeastern Pa.
Celiac is very real and not a fade for those who are diagnosed with it. My grand daughter had bleeding bowels and in a lot of stomach pain when she was about 10. They diagnosed it as celiac and she went on a total gluten free diet and I mean no gluten She then had a serious bad spell at school a few years later and spent a time in a children's hospital were she was diagnosed with type 1 diabetes which is common with celiac. She will graduate from high school this spring and is going to college to specialize in these 2 diseases. I hope she can stay on track with her diets for both diseases as good as her mother has kept her on them. Celiac is very serious and it's a very hard diet to be on. I don't think I could handle it. My daughter when on the celiac diet with her and she felt better after getting used to no gluten. There aren't many foods that don't have a touch of gluten in them. It has made us very aware of potential risks with in our cropping system. We can't blame the wheat farmers as the majority of people are ok with it. I've had people ask me about spraying Roundup on wheat to ripen it. So it must have been said on the news etc. at some time. I told them I'm not a wheat grower so I don't know. With all the cancer it makes me wonder about a lot of things we eat and drink. God bless and good luck to all who suffer from various diseases.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)