AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Gluten Intolerance Wheat Farmers
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

RivrRat
Posted 3/8/2019 11:25 (#7367335 - in reply to #7366974)
Subject: RE: Gluten Intolerance Wheat Farmers

Southwest IL
I have this and its a real thing. I have had it my whole life looking back on it. I just dealt with it figured it was part of life until I married a woman that absolutely loves her wheat. After changing from my diet of meat and taters onto her high gluten diet. I had nonstop heartburn, sore joints, chest pains, breathing problems, regular outbreaks of hives, dizziness, stomach was so messed up that I would throw up blood on occasion. Dr put me on Acid Blockers for a decade, didn't really help a whole lot. Life wasn't really worth living for 10 years. Got off wheat and was a new man in 2 weeks. Lost about 30 lbs, and no more nasty beer gut in a few months. Later I remember looking at old family photo's from 100 years ago and realized I now looked more like them.
I don't think you can blame Glyphosate APPS as my Grandfather struggled with the same thing before Glyphosate was really in use. Poor guy never did find out what his problem was as he died before anyone really knew about gluten intolerance. I think Genetics play a role, in man and the wheat. From what I've read wheat went through intensive breeding in the late 1800's and early 1900's that really changed the gluten content. Mostly due to one man on a journey to feed the worlds poor. Ive heard of people with gluten intolerance being able to handle ancient strains of wheat just fine. Gluten intolerance is probably due to the genetic makeup of todays wheat and the heavy processing.
The industrialization of agriculture has led us to create LARGE amounts substandard food. The food bought in the store doesn't hold a candle to stuff you can raise yourself. Eggs have weak yellow Yolks instead of orange. Beef and pork smell like butt and have little taste. Most of the food in restaurants is covered with sugar, salt, and spices to make it palletable. But hey we have lots of it!! I really hope there is a revolution in this country to get more people back into living on the farm raising quality food, but I find that highly unlikely.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)