AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Gluten Intolerance Wheat Farmers
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

milofarmer1
Posted 3/8/2019 12:52 (#7367539 - in reply to #7366974)
Subject: RE: Gluten Intolerance Wheat Farmers

Texas/New Mexico Stateline
I would still be poo pooing the idea of the gluten fad if I had not seen first hand the change it made for my dad. He had struggled for years with irritable bowels is the best way to describe it. Never could figure out what was going on. Acid reflux was part of the problem, but things would just "set him off". It was getting serious where he was losing weight, anemic, no energy from the inability to properly digest his food. Also joint pain was getting worse.

After much unhelpful Dr. visits, they got to searching about the symptoms, and gluten intolerance kept coming up. Thought it wouldn't cost anything to try it, and within a matter of weeks of going cold turkey on anything gluten he was a whole different person. Anemia gone, energy back, and can eat food and not spend all day in the bathroom. It was amazing. He can occasionally have something like a cupcake for a treat, but anything like a bread roll or doughnut he'll immediately have problems.

He thinks he had been experiencing intolerance for several decades, and never knew what it was. Don't think anything in the food was different, but his body was becoming more sensitive.

BUT!!!!

I also think many folks feel better after cutting gluten because they are actually cutting carbohydrates. Our diets are very high in refined carbohydrates and I think we eat too many. Which makes us lethargic and gain weight. This is why the Adkins diet was so effective. Think about all the doughnuts, pancakes, soft drinks, fries, corn everything and it is really too much. So when people cut the bread out, they are cutting their carb load in half. Immediately feel better. Gluten may not have anything to do with it.

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)