AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Gluten Intolerance Wheat Farmers
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

kswrenchturner05
Posted 3/9/2019 08:58 (#7368921 - in reply to #7368485)
Subject: RE: Gluten Intolerance Wheat Farmers

Geuda Springs, Kansas
This is strictly my opinion but I watched a documentary on bread several years ago. Breaking bread is very much biblical so the consumption of it is nothing new. I will say I think most gluten intolerance is the processing of grain versus the grain itself. Ww2 era brought the Wonder bread (loaves we buy in store today. Instead of a simple sour dough mix that they made with 3 ingredients (water, flower, salt), they started pouring a cake like bread and baking it and selling packaged bread. The sourdough bread you make at homemade does not last more than a few days. The wonder bread lasts for weeks due to the preservatives. Wonder bread type bread that we are all used to has over 7 different ingredients. In most foreign countries it is common to go down the street to the bakery a couple times a week and get your fresh loaf of bread. This practice is very much not common in the United States. We have hardly any private bakeries left. I notice a difference when I eat fresh bread versus store bought loaf in how I feel. Just my few cents. I think the industry in United States has a bigger problem than grain quality.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)