AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Gluten Intolerance Wheat Farmers
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

BFarm
Posted 3/9/2019 07:44 (#7368770 - in reply to #7368686)
Subject: RE: Gluten Intolerance Wheat Farmers

WCIL
I found I was gluten intolerant about 10 years ago with a blood test. My symptoms were heartburn a few hours after meals, even from cold cereal. Then my gut always felt like it had a brick in it. I lost a lot of weight, as in if you looked at before pics, I looked like I had cancer. Finally got checked out, and told doc it was like I ate a plate of food and crapped out two. The gluten (for celiac disease people) cause the small intestine's cilia to disappear hindering nutrient absorption. You eat, but pass most of the nutrients, essentially slowly starving. I believe our modern diets and/or over sanitation causes it, but who knows. For most celiacs , wheat, barley, rye and sometimes oats cause issues. All other grains for me are ok, and I try to eat gluten free oats. Diet for me is meat, taters, veggies, fruits, nuts, dairy, and cheetos. All these are fine. I have to avoid flour, barley malts, and rye. Almost all creamed soups have flour, and even Pringles chips. Avoid batters and breading. Just have to read labels and have an understanding wife who buys the overpriced special ingredients. It sucks and it is a reality for me, not a choice. Praise God I won't get sick if I cheat my diet a little, I just have to have a bath room plan. Some get deathly ill. Positive side for me: Meat and taters baby!
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)