AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Gluten Intolerance Wheat Farmers
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

theboarshead2000
Posted 3/9/2019 10:14 (#7369075 - in reply to #7366974)
Subject: RE: Gluten Intolerance Wheat Farmers

Iowa
Thanks everyone for responding. A special thanks to the wheat farmers who gave quantitative answers on how much glyphosate is used as a harvest aid to ripen the crop. I'm glad to hear that it's not commonplace. I am new here, so I understand the reservations some of you all have. My husband reads on here often, but doesn't contribute. I wanted information about this and asked him to post and he said "you can". Haha. Well, anyway.. On a separate topic, farmers have a 30% higher chance of cancer than the general population. A close relative just died of cancer here a while back.. he was a farmer.. My assumption is it's from chemical exposure.. but more research has to be done. He sprayed various chemicals all the time, with no protection. We all love farming, but we need to be careful with the chemicals.. What's the point of making money if you can't enjoy it ever? Be careful out there guys.
I will agree that our food supply is complex. What they do to grain in processing and preservation certainly is not natural to our system. The great thing about farmers is that we are the consumers of our own products. Sounds like a lot of you are choosing less wheat in your diet just because you feel better. I would like to know if there are old strains of wheat that could make a comeback? I knew someone who had celiac that got along just fine in Europe. Why would that be? I would think there would be a market for it in the states. I know I would be interested. Just a thought.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)