AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Gluten Intolerance Wheat Farmers
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

Tiler
Posted 3/10/2019 07:24 (#7370739 - in reply to #7368686)
Subject: RE: Gluten Intolerance Wheat Farmers

SCIA
I eat a lot of meat and potatoes, oatmeal (gluten free) for breakfast, corn chip and nacho meat with cheese. Going out to eat is a tough one. This is not, in our family, a new thing. Dad had IBS, his mom had IBS and RA, but, from my experience, I believe the RA is a side effect of the autoimmune deficiency caused by the constant over load from allergies, what ever they may be.

I was so bad, around 15 years ago, that I could hardly walk and my hands were so swollen, I wore "dot" gloves while driving , to be able to grip the steering wheel. Went off wheat, started to clear up within two weeks. Never got totally cleared up until I eliminated coconut and palm products, plus all NSAID's Today, at 66, can do way more then when this issue was at it's worst, around 50.

My grandma was one of those people that was just called "poorly". She was always sick and the last 20 years of her life, she was an invalid. So, I do not think that there is any more or less of this today, just more awareness and the ability to eat a diet that consists of something different then what makes you unhealthy. In the past, one did not always have that choice. Most people with Celiac probably died early in life. A nephew, a twin, that is Celiac from birth, as always sick and "a poor doer", as compared to his twin sister, took the medical field two years to diagnose. His health changed almost immediately and he eventually caught up to his sister, but today, twenty seven years later, he will still react to even the slightest amount of gluten.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)