AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

GPS "Service" Contract?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

torn
Posted 2/7/2009 15:07 (#600075 - in reply to #598009)
Subject: Re: GPS "Service" Contract?

roaming
Depending on the type of service contract and the "services" that the agreement contains, and the price, I could see a service contract being a win-win for customers and dealers.

For example, lets say I'm a dealer. I offer an optional $x00/yr precision farming service contract to anyone in my service area who wants it. For the $x00, they get *pre-emptive* seasonal software updates and seasonal equipment checkups. For example, if a customer enrolls in this support plan, I will make sure that their displays, receivers, and other pf equipment is updated within 2 weeks of new software releases, 2x per year (spring/fall). They don't have to call me to find out if there's new software. They don't have to wait in line behind all the other customers. They get priority attention.

As a dealer, this reduces the likelihood that I will have to make other service calls, because I know that they are running current software, and I know their pf equipment is in good shape (and any time I don't have to make a service call, my customer is happier.) I'm As a customer, I make the gamble that a $x00 upfront cost will save me money by reducing/eliminating downtime in-season. Maybe I (the customer) prefer to do most of my own updates, and check over my own equipment. That's my prerogative, but I need to realize that I am accepting responsibility for my own equipment, and if I have a problem, my dealer has every right to charge me to come fix it.

This thread has been really interesting to me, and it appears that there is a lot of non-communication (or mis-communication) between the dealer and customer at the time of the sale. The dealer should be very clear about what the price is including (some support, no support, or all support, and for how long). If the customer doesn't understand what is included, then it is up to the customer to ask, NOT to assume...
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)