AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

GPS "Service" Contract?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

KevinM
Posted 2/7/2009 10:36 (#599864 - in reply to #599231)
Subject: RE: GPS "Service" Contract?

SE IL
One thing I would like to point out. Both local JD dealers, when asked for a discount on precision items, said "we sell this stuff at list so we can pay for (insert ams guy's name) to be able to service this stuff". So I guess I don't think they should come back now and say that's not enough. BTW one of the local JD dealers is not yet trying the service agreement route. As a matter of fact salesman showed up yesterday afternoon and I showed him competitors letter. When asked if they had discussed/thought about it he flat said "No, we charge list price to cover ams guy". So maybe service agreements are just an attempt to "take the easy way out". I completely understand that this is new and dealerships are having "growing pains" with integrating this layer of the business. But I think back to cabs and air conditioners-how many calls did dealers get due to the operator running temp full cold with fan low and then it freezes up. Precision is relatively new-especially to the mainstream who just might need a little more hand holding, but will soon be as routine as an air conditioner. I would think the "early adopters" helped the "ams guy" cut his teeth so to speak and probably need less attention. I am sure for a stand alone business, selling precision equipment without some other kind of service might run into a "revenue stream shortfall". One other thought-if a dealer doesn't offer classes-that just might negate some of the phone/service calls-then I don't think they are being proactive in integrating precision into their business model-at their loss. Someone will do it. Flame away.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)