AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

GPS "Service" Contract?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

ndale
Posted 2/5/2009 20:05 (#598096 - in reply to #598009)
Subject: RE: GPS "Service" Contract?

I'm going to ask some questions that might make you mad, but I hope they will make you think too.
Why should this be free? Because you paid good money for the equipment and it was expensive?
Should the dealer also fix everything on your tractor free for an unlimited time period? Wasn't it expensive?
Do the support people have knowledge about the product that you don't and does that knowledge have any value to you?
What about everything else you buy, should the selling business answer any question you have, and make any repair it needs forever... without charge?

I guess it all comes down to why shouldn't the dealer make some money on this service? Should they be restricted only being able to generate income from sales? I've always wondered where the attitude that electronics should have free support and repairs as long as the customer wants comes from. What's reasonable about that? It's not that way with anything else people buy so why is it that way on the electronics?

I'm not trying to make you mad, I'm just trying to challenge your attitude because it doesn't make sense to me. I've bought a lot of stuff over the years and once the warranty ends I've always figured I either had to suck it up and fix it myself, or pay someone to do it for me. Help me understand what's different about precision ag.
Thanks
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)