AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

GPS "Service" Contract?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

Jim1_ks
Posted 2/5/2009 19:25 (#598009)
Subject: GPS "Service" Contract?

South Central Kansas, Harper County
I received a card from my local JD dealer yesterday, promoting a change in their operation. They are providing a "service contract" so to speak, for their GPS "trained" technicians. Said this goes into effect, I think sometime in March, and a local representative would be contacting me soon to go over the plan. From the gest of it, I guess they want us to "pay" so much for year, for so many hours of technical assistance we require. If we call on the phone, they are required to write down the time, and go accordingly.

This just rubs me the wrong way, maybe I am thinking about it differantly, but I feel they sold me a product, they should provide the service! I do not call very often for assistance, but I do not think I should be charged when I do. Makes me ponder about selling the JD GPS equipment I have and go with trimble, agleader, or something else.

I feel like I should sell them a "customer" contract, stating I will be glad to purchase my parts from them, for a yearly fee!(lol)

Do you guys have any problem getting GPS related assistance from the other manufacturers, other than JD?
thanks,
Jim
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)