AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

GPS "Service" Contract?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

IAPrecisionFarming
Posted 2/6/2009 22:48 (#599499 - in reply to #598009)
Subject: Re: GPS "Service" Contract?

Those rates do seem a little high and I am a dealer, I have 9 counties that I run for an Co-op. I am the only one in the company that installs and services the equipment, (I sell 95% of it too)in the company. With the amount of equipment that I have in the country, I am maxed out on in season service. Most of time there are no problems, that is a benefit to the Ag Leader equipment. But when there are issues 80% of the time everything can be fixed over the phone. The other 20% of the time I have to go to the field and fix it. When I have to do that there is a $50 dollar service call to cover the trip, that is it. The only reason there is a charge is weed out the guys who want their handheld. When you know you have to pay for something you pay a little more attention when they are explaining how to use it. At least I do. I do make most of my money from service though not from charging for it but from the additional sales I get. Once I get established in an area with a couple guys, I service the hell out of them and the rest follows. (That is why I am pretty much maxed out) When guys see you adjusting an autosteer on a NH3 rig for a customer with your headlights shining on the gap between passes on a friday night your the first call they make when they want to get started with some piece of equipment. That is what service does for me as a dealer. One 7000 dollar autosteer system will lead to 50,000 dollars worth pretty quick. Who knows there may come a day when my bosses tell me that I have to charge an annual service fee. That is my story and it is working for time being.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)