AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

GPS "Service" Contract?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

paul the original
Posted 2/6/2009 19:29 (#599271 - in reply to #599231)
Subject: RE: GPS "Service" Contract?

southern MN
I understand the point you were trying to make, but you didn't make it very well.

A tire is a physical thing, it works or it doesn't. I might call the dealer & ask what the numbers on the side of it mean - how much load can I put on it anyhow? And I would expect a free answer.

If it blows a hole in it because it was poorly built, I would expect some pro-rated service on it, I don't care what a warrentee says.

One this software stuff, it is a different ball game. The initial costs are high for a very small physical, cheap thing. A few electronic chips that cost a buck or 2 a piece, dip soldered together. Most of the cost is in the thinking part, and in the setup part.

I agree there is a difficult line to find in there.

On computers, I expect Dell to still have the basic support package for my 5 year old computer, to get the lastest updates on the drivers & mother board. I don't expect them to mail it to me free, but it better be on their web site for me to find.

SOME support, as with the tire rating info, or the software upgrading, NEEDS to be there.

I went in to mt tractor dealer & ask about an oil sender. They talked to me for 15 minutes, and suggested I leave it alone, don't buy any parts now. Should have he charged me a service fee before talking to me?

Farm dealer & farmer relationships don't work that way.

You are living in a very black & white world, if you don't think the JD dealer should talk to you one word unless you are paying him a fee up front.

I do like the idea of customers charging a buyer's fee to any company that wants to do business with me. That is cool. If the shoe fits....

The cost of the item is _Very_ important in how much & what kind of service a person gets for an item. It is built into the price, and on that item you ain't making any sense at all. Kinda just shut down on trying to understand what you are saying there, as buying price is all about the item, upgrades to the item, and support with the item. It is part of the cost, so you just aren't making any sense on that part of it.

Your point that tech info has a cost, and at some point that cost needs to be worked out is valid. But you are not making the point very well.

--->Paul
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)