AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

GPS "Service" Contract?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

delles99
Posted 2/6/2009 14:29 (#599070 - in reply to #598421)
Subject: Re: GPS "Service" Contract?

I work in the industry on a full time basis and this discussion keeps comimg up every spring. I drive 50000 miles per year supporting this product and I've wondered how to make this as a break even on the support. I think that once the product is off warranty, then it becomes like every other product we buy. We are then required to pay the going rate for service calls otherwise how does one susteain the business. For example if the vehicle you're driving breaks down outside of the warranty, do you say to the dealer, I need this fixed but I'm not going to pay you for it. How long do you think it would take for the service manager to throw you out of the building. At current service rates a charge of $300.00 per year would realistically be a fair price to maintain productivity once the product is off warranty. At our dealership group we also have a technical support line that is free of charge when you buy products from us. We also provide annual training at our locations on a no charge basis. So is a service contract at $300.00 a bad deal? I don't think so and I believe the service and support of a quality organization should be worth something. JMHO
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)