AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

GPS "Service" Contract?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

jaco
Posted 2/5/2009 22:03 (#598357 - in reply to #598096)
Subject: RE: GPS "Service" Contract?

We're lucky to have two AMS techs at our dealer.  And I appreciate their time and effort (and miles) keeping me going.  However, part of the problem may be that even though I have two techs available they service a huge area with a pretty high density of farm operations that utilize AMS/GPS technology.  The dealer bought out neighboring dealers and the two techs service those areas as well.  In the end they cover (just guessing) maybe 4000 square miles.  There are a lot of farmers in that grid and we usually need help in a hurry and usually at the same time (planting, harvesting, spraying, etc.).  I'll have to ask how many miles each of them put on their pickup each year.  So the dealer sells the equipment and then provides 2 full time employees, 2 dedicated pickups, and a lot of fuel (at $4-5/gal. last summer, which might be why this issue got started) to keep us going.  I can't ask for any more than that and it's worth a little compensation for this type of service.  I guarantee we are better/more loyal customers for these GPS products because they are there.  If they just sold the hardware and then left it up to us to resolve any issues with stellarsupport, well, they risk losing customers for this type of equipment.  So it's a strategy that costs them but pays off in the long run.  Still, that doesn't mean it should be completely free, imo.  A person's time is something of value.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)