AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

GPS "Service" Contract?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

autopilotgps
Posted 2/6/2009 15:08 (#599093 - in reply to #598421)
Subject: RE: GPS "Service" Contract?

One of the reasons why this service contract is good for companies is because its so hard to keep track of who you helped and for how long during busy seasons. When you start the day and have 5(and could grow throughout the day) people that need farm visits you can't spend even the 5 minutes it takes to write down who/where/when/how long/what did you do for billing purposes becuase you need to get the farmers going. It might add up to an hour+ of paperwork that you did that could've resulted in good case scenario 2 farmers running with autoguidance again(meaning more efficently). We don't do this but I've thought about it and the one reason I haven't is because the way the farmer is going to take it. We charge shop rate for farm visits but if we did it with a service contract there would be a reasonably good discount. Good business is good business. If you think you would use the alotted time then buy the service contract if you don't then just be ready to be charged for things(should be resonable though). Things like user error. Really there shouldn't be much that goes wrong on the user side of it if you teach them correctly when you set them up. Everything else should be able to be done over the phone. Which is in my mind absolutely FREE. Now if your troubleshooting a problem for a twenty min thats when you say I'm gonna have to come out there. Would you like me too? It will cost shop rate though.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)