AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

D.O.T. Fuel inspection for colored fuel .
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

Russ In Idaho
Posted 9/22/2017 03:38 (#6262685 - in reply to #6262377)
Subject: RE: D.O.T. Fuel inspection for colored fuel .

I do know of two dairies that got dinged a lot of years ago. The guy's neighbor turned one of them in to IRS. The rumor was IRS caught them fueling truck from bulk tank on farm site, truck was still on their farm. I don't know how it turned out I do know the guy well enough he would have had dyed fuel in his pickup. The second was another dairy that was hauling gravel with a belly dump, severely over weight to the point of gravel running over the side going down the road. Neighbors asked nicely to lighten the loads, but their hired man just laughed at them. So county had DOT bring portables out, tied truck up on the road for 3-4 hours. Well the drivers brakes cammed over while on the scales, then they dipped tanks while hired man's boss was fixing brakes. I also heard the cops turned them into immigration to have all their workers checked. All because their driver mouthed off to the officers over speeding and being over loaded.

Idaho state was supposed to step up enforcement of it, because they felt tax revenues were down for a few years. They thought farmers were running more dyed fuel on road. I asked them if they ever felt sales were down because of price of fuel? When we hit $4.50 fuel I know a lot of trucks got parked. I've been pulled over more this last two years in DOT stops, but never asked to dip tanks.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)