AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Superintendent salaries
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

pat-michigan
Posted 7/27/2017 19:28 (#6152738 - in reply to #6151791)
Subject: RE: Superintendent salaries

Thumb of Michigan
Great post,IowaCenturyFarm

In the philosophical vein, looking at a bigger picture:

Our public schools have for years been teaching kids that they need to do good in school so they get good grades so they can get into a good college where they need to get good grades so they can graduate and be an attractive employee to an employer.

Heres the problem with all that:

Not many seem to get a handle on the concept that we already have employees. A lot of employees.

What we're short on is employers.

The ceiling on what an employee can make is a lot lower than what the ceiling on an employer might. Pretty simple economics. Supply and demand. Law of the jungle. Doesn't matter how its described.

If stress and back breaking labor were the only requirement to get wealthy, every coal miner in the world would own a yacht stocked with the best champagne and caviar and staffed by last years Playboy Bunnies. Not saying that every coal miner doesn't deserve that, but reality kind of prevents that.

Just because that isn't reality, doesn't make it incomprehensible or wrong that there are people who have the skill set and more importantly know how to effectively utilize those skills to create wealth. Either for a company or their own business.

I'd bet quite a lot of money that Warren Buffet doesn't know the first thing about making Coca-Cola or how to drive a train. He's done pretty well from what I can tell just buying the companies and making sure that someone has the ability to hire those people that do know how to do that stuff. Heck, he even makes it look simple. Does he have stress? Don't know. Bet he does, but he's good at handling it I guess. But, even though I don't nessecarily agree with Warrens politics, I didn't buy his books and study what he does for that reason. Because Warren intrigues me and my goal is to be more like Warren and less like the guy complaining about how Warren makes it look easy. I will also bet a lot of money that Warren Buffet hasn't seen a less than 40 hr week or possibly even an 80 hr week in an awful long time. No matter what the guy putting the caps on the Coke bottles has himself convinced of.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)