AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Superintendent salaries
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

davpal
Posted 7/26/2017 12:15 (#6149958 - in reply to #6149730)
Subject: RE: Superintendent salaries

Mid Michigan
These wages have become a complete joke. The guy more than likely has LESS stress at work than an average waitress trying to keep up in a busy diner. These people are not gods. We just live in a society that has a good old boys club that likes to keep the money in their pockets. I worked with a kid for years at a factory that I know for a fact could have easily been the CEO of a fortune 500 company and he'd never been to college. I was thinking the other day some of our management at work walking around joking about hunting and fishing and their cabin up north are having a pretty stress free existense. They have a 5 day week. Usually take off friday and never work a weekend. Add up their 40 hour week and about 50 vacation and personal days a year the guys are getting 152 days off from work every year. 5 months off is a pretty good gig, The superintendant probably has more days off than that. In the meantime the rest of the world works 6 and 7 days a week and we're supposed to respect this guys salary? Put it up for bid for $60,000 a year, full benefits and retirement, and 200 days off and see if you get a few applicants.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)