AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Superintendent salaries
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

IowaCenturyFarm
Posted 7/27/2017 08:56 (#6151791 - in reply to #6151331)
Subject: RE: Superintendent salaries

Wow, sounds like the proletariat is getting restless. I guess running a huge organization isn't "real work."

What a bunch of drivel this is. I had an uncle that used to work at Coors on the factory floor. He would constantly complain about management and clerical workers and how they were a waste of money. "We don't need a bunch of accountants to brew beer!" he'd say. What you're saying sounds just as dumb.

You're making an awful lot of assumptions about jobs you've never held. Any executive I've ever worked with has been the type that is up answering emails at home at 5 am before heading to work, is constantly traveling and having to be away from their families for evening and overnight functions, is not only smart but a very effective communicator with a high degree of emotional intelligence, and even when they're not at the office is constantly thinking about work and engaging both employees and customers in other ways via phone, email etc. They are usually the first ones at the office, and not one of them keeps 9-5 hours. They are allotted sick days but rarely use them. These are all things you don't see when your only exposure to these people is when you happen to run into them in the hall. In exchange for possessing a very rare combination of skills and working hard, they are paid an above average wage. And the $250k superintendent jobs are quite rare and only warranted in the largest schools.

By the way, some of the jobs you mentioned as doing "real work" do pay quite handsomely - like $100k and way up from there depending on skills and certifications.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)