AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Superintendent salaries
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

pat-michigan
Posted 7/26/2017 22:18 (#6151179 - in reply to #6151150)
Subject: RE: Superintendent salaries

Thumb of Michigan
jimgen - 7/26/2017 22:09

Teaching degrees are easy of obtain and that includes Masters and Doctorate. So when we see a Superintendent earning more than a Doctor of Medicine which requires a much high IQ , much longer study period then one has to give thought as to why that disparity exists. IMO is all about the unions and most school board members don't have a clue except what the unions lay on them.

Hey now- lets not drag IQ into the mix. If we're going to do that, lets apply that rule where it might really matter. Thats right, our politicians need to pass a standardized IQ testing protocol before running........ :)

In reality- there is a difference in length of education time between a MD and a Superintendent. Not as much as you might suggest, but some. I'm not sure how easy you found it or how quick you were able to obtain your Masters or Doctorate. The folks in my family who have achieved those degrees never claimed that they were easy or quick to get. And they're all way smarter than me. Not sure what that has to do with anything though. There are many, many people who earn more than a MD might, has nothing to do with education. Everything (usually) to do with capabilities to perform a task.

Edited by pat-michigan 7/26/2017 22:21
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)