AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Don't know what I expect, just venting I guess!
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

Coastal
Posted 4/25/2012 07:34 (#2352909 - in reply to #2352112)
Subject: Re: Don't know what I expect, just venting I guess!

cousinit - 4/24/2012 20:33

I doubt most of these guys have wives bringing in tons of money, so I don't know how household income would be a whole lot higher. My guess is that they don't have wives, or their wives stay home with the kids. That's just my guess, tell me if I'm way wrong.

The OP is talking about farm employee wages, not household income.

Ag employment is not generally known for high wages.

You just brought up that the fact that you don;t see how someone could live off of $33,000 a year and I was just stating that it is and can be done with ease in this area. Both of the two guys I picked up were married and had children, but both wives worked. One as a manager at the local grocery chain, and the other was working for at a doctors office. If they did have wives that stayed at home, and have a hard time making ends meet, then why are they staying at home?

But here is another kicker. I picked up a third guy part time, that had worked for a JD dealer that sold the compact tractors and lawn mowers as mechanic. When Deere forced the dealership to close a couple of years ago, he went to work for IR as an account manger, but being that he was the newest guy he lost that job when they downsized. So now he was currently unemployed and had applied for several jobs in the area including Lowes. They all said he was over qualified and wouldn't give him a job.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)