AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Don't know what I expect, just venting I guess!
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

agronomydave
Posted 4/24/2012 16:24 (#2351891 - in reply to #2351878)
Subject: Re: Don't know what I expect, just venting I guess!

Southcentral WI
Around us any good mfg job starts people around the $11-$12 range, with temps starting as low as $9.50. Isn't much, but then again, they're expected to perform the same task over and over again without any reason for thought, other than to make sure they're doing the same thing over and over again. Jobs at parts counters at a Napa or Menards would be similar I'd think. I know individuals that have been in the mfg/factory line of work for a long time, very happy to get $.50/hr raise and such. On the other hand, 'bar help' as it's called around here, or basically tractor drivers, truck drivers, etc, can be had for $8/hr. Problem is, they like to get out of bed late, quit work early, and usually stay in the bar late, hence the 'bar help' label. I would think that if you had a good, smart, pre-emptive worker they would be worth in that $18-$20/hr range. Obviously this is the type of individual that you can trust to show up on time, maintain things, and have 'common sense'......but if there's an ample labor pool to choose from, and good workers involved, I would think the pay scale would be lower. But honestly, good employees should be rewarded, and as one poster mentioned, it comes in the form of 'fringe' benefits too....a beef each year, use of equipment, etc.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)