AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Are HP computers just slow????
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Computer TalkMessage format

McCartman
Posted 5/22/2009 18:01 (#720746 - in reply to #720175)
Subject: Re: Are HP computers just slow????

I never had iTunes on my Dell. I bought an iPod after I switched to Mac and have iTunes on that. I did, in a couple of instances, end up installing Quicktime for Windows on it in order to watch something or another and was rather annoyed with it. Never worked real well and tried to "take over" so to speak. Quicktime works great on the Mac though.

iTunes - my wife installed the Windows version on the Dell after she bought her iPod and I've messed with it enough to know that it works identically to the Mac version. It is an intimidating app at first - and I'm sure that the "Mac way" of getting around in it throws a lot of Windows users off track at first. It took me awhile too to figure things out in iTunes. It is not the type of app that you can sit down and master in a couple of minutes. A person just needs to take some time and start experimenting with things to learn what all it can do. I'd say that iTunes is about the most unintuitive app that comes on a Mac computer. It is very powerful though - you can create highly customizable playlists with it once you know what you are doing.

There was an uproar, and justifiably so, when that iTunes update came out and Safari for Windows was thrown in there too without anyone knowing. Apple took a play out of Microsoft's handbook with that stunt and the resulting backlash led Apple to promise not to try something like that again. They must have thought that Windows users were used to software trying to monopolize their systems and figured nobody would care! ;)
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)