AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Are HP computers just slow????
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Computer TalkMessage format

McCartman
Posted 5/20/2009 23:20 (#719540 - in reply to #719482)
Subject: Re: Are HP computers just slow????

Ok, I went back and re-read my post. It was a bad choice of words, When I posted it, I certainly didn't intend to come across as implying that your computer business is your sole reason for defending Windows. A better choice of words would be "Which is no doubt ONE OF THE REASONS why you are such a strong defender of Windows". For that, you have my apology.

As for your statement about not selling junk that always needs servicing - I agree with you. That would not be a good way to run a business. However, we are not talking about hardware here, this is about the operating system. Too bad, in my opinion, that you have to sell your Mercedes systems with a Yugo motor under the hood to make it go. ;) Just my opinion of course.

I don't know where or how you get the impression that I think that offering my opinion on the Mac/PC debate on this forum is going to make any difference at all in terms of market share? Do you think that defending Windows on here will slow down the market share loss to Apple? I doubt it. My point was, perhaps seeing the market share slip to Apple the last few years is starting to make you guys a bit nervous. I may be all wet on that, but it's just an observation on my part. I offer my opinion and user experience on here in order to provide others with information to make a better informed decision if they are in the market for a new computer and are taking a serious look at possibly switching to Mac. You are free to do the same about Win PC's. And no, I own no Apple stock - I have nothing to gain or lose financially.

I also fail to see how a format and clean reinstall of Windows could "brick" a computer.

Anyhow, let's get back to the original topic of this thread - which both you and vstk appear to me to be sidestepping.

The original poster has computers ranging in age from 6 mo to 2 yrs that worked fine when he bought them, but now are slow. Many Windows users complain about this. I had the same issues. You guys say it isn't Windows. I have already ruled out lack of RAM & heating issues (which I'll admit could be a problem on the 2 yr old system, but highly doubtful on the 6 mo. unit). I say if he has virus, spyware, or registry issues, it is a Windows problem. I'll also add start-up background crap running, using up his RAM. Windows is notorious for letting crap get added at start-up without the user's permission. That is a flaw in the Windows OS, in my opinion.

What are the potential problems with his computers if not any of the above Windows related issues?

I (and I'd bet others as well) would also be interested in yours and vstk's advice on how to keep them running in top form. Please tell us what sort of system maintenance you guys are doing, and on what sort of schedule, to prevent the notorious Windows "crawl".
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)