AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Are HP computers just slow????
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Computer TalkMessage format

McCartman
Posted 5/19/2009 23:34 (#718799 - in reply to #718594)
Subject: Re: Are HP computers just slow????

If it is not the OS, what then? Spyware? Virus(es)? Crap left in the registry? All leads back to Windows in my opinion. Can't say its lack of RAM - ran good when he bought it. Dirt/dust build-up leading to heating issues? In 6 months? Doubtful. Help me here - I'm out of ideas.......

I don't have those issues with my Mac and haven't missed them one bit. I've had this iMac now for about a year and a half and she hums along just the same as the day I first plugged it in. It's like a breath of fresh air after years of dealing with Windows annoyances. This baby does system maintenance all on it's own when the machine is idle. Daily, weekly, and monthly maintenance scripts I've been told - I wouldn't know, it just does it - without me having to tell it to.

You are well-versed in computers and no doubt know the tricks to keeping them running in top form - and if I remember correctly, make some extra money helping others do the same. Most users are not that experienced - and nearly everyone I know who runs Win complains of the very same thing that JKneese is. I know what your answer will be - they need to go to someone like you. Which is no doubt why you are such a strong defender of Windows.

As for my suggestion of wipe / reinstall every 6 months - I bought a "real copy" of XP and did a reinstall once. Took me an hour or two, but I got all the drivers I needed off the net. Then I found a nifty utility that collected all the drivers used on that machine for the next go-round that was inevitable. So it can be done without too much hassle if you're smart about it - and keep your data on a separate drive. There are also cloning utilities, as I'm sure you know, where a person can clone a fresh, clean install for the next go-round. Yes, I had grand plans for my next PC - but then I got smart. ;)
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)