AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Are HP computers just slow????
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Computer TalkMessage format

McCartman
Posted 5/20/2009 18:09 (#719301 - in reply to #718868)
Subject: Re: Are HP computers just slow????

Sheesh, calm down!

First off, I am not saying that I am somehow "superior" to anyone for running a Mac. I am saying, however, that it is my opinion - after having ran Windows for many years and Mac for the last two - that the Mac OS is FAR superior. Keep in mind that this opinion is formed after having ran them BOTH for extended periods of time - not just dinking around with one or the other at a friend's place.

Secondly, my suggestion that reformatting / reinstalling Windows every 6 months came from, you guessed it, a computer tech. Maybe that isn't YOUR chosen method, but it was his. There are lots of highly experienced Windows users who feel the same way though.

"It doent take a rocket scientist to do regular maintenance"

No it doesn't. But while you are wasting your time doing it, I'm actually USING my Mac. Why hasn't Microsoft built this into their OS for the users who lack the experience to do it themselves - or as you call them, "too stupid" (What would happen to your computer business if all those customers who bring their systems in for yearly maintenance knew that in your opinion, they are "too stupid" to do it themselves?). If the technology existed, which would you rather have - an automobile like we have now that requires timely oil changes, grease, tires rotated, etc - or one that did it all while you slept at night and you never had to worry about it - ever?

And if you ran a service station, which would you rather see remain the status quo - the cars that required the customer to pay you to do the maintenance or the nifty new models that did it all automatically for their owners? :)

Oh, BTW, my Mac DOES do everything I need it to here "in the real world" - and it does it without having to run Windows on it too. In fact, I'm able to do way more of what I want to do with this unit than I ever could running the Dell with XP.

Keep this in mind before getting all riled up again in the future - Mac OS has only about 8% of the market share. Windows has far, far more. Why do you guys feel so threatened whenever someone like myself promotes Mac or shares what I feel to be a better user experience. You guys remind me a lot of the Green Undie Gang over on Mach. Talk who throw fits whenever someone takes a jab at their green paint! Could it be because you see that 8% increasing steadily while Balmer keeps allowing bloated, complicated, virus-prone OS's onto the market?
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)