AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Are HP computers just slow????
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Computer TalkMessage format

Ed Boysun
Posted 5/20/2009 22:36 (#719482 - in reply to #718799)
Subject: Re: Are HP computers just slow????

Agent Orange: Friendly fire that keeps on burning.

Well, If my low end HP notebook runs Vista like it does, then you tell me how it is a Vista issue. I contend that it isn't. Lots of suggestions here for the poor guy to end up with a 'bricked' computer, and it isn't necessary.

Further, don't you think it is intellectually lazy of you, to brand every idea that goes against yours, as solely money motivated?

You are also wrong about me using my limited computer talents to make a bit of extra money. Thirty + years in this business and I've made a butt-load of money on computers -- so what? does that make my advice worth less or more?

If you had an inkling of what it takes to run a money making business, you'd know that you don't survive long by selling junk that always needs servicing. I've been fairly successful because I have resisted the temptation to buy the cheapest and cut prices by that last $50, and then spend a bunch of unbillable hours, making the flaky stuff work. The real money is made by selling stuff that you never hear about until the customer is ready to buy a replacement in 5 years or so. Sorry to bust your little conspiracy bubble, but that's how it has always worked for me.

And finally -- if you think anything we say about computers and OSes on this little forum is going to amount to a hoot in a hurricane, as affecting market share or my pocket-book, you are seriously delusional about this forum's readership and traffic. Look at this thread; 1200 views in a few days. I really don't look for a big blip up or down tick in either Microsoft or Apple's stock prices, as a result of this thread. Do you? And if so, it matters not to me because I own neither stock and am in the process of winding down my computer business also. All I was trying to do was give the guy a bit of free advice. Are your motives as pure, or do you own some Apple? 

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)