AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

What is your endgame?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Stock TalkMessage format

t rock
Posted 7/28/2016 10:17 (#5436877 - in reply to #5435928)
Subject: RE: Thanks!

Tablerock Ranch eastern Wa
SOMTIMES OUR WIFES GET WHIPLASH FROM OUR DREAMS AND GOALS in my case this is the case, she cant always keep up with what goes on in my head. I think it is really important to get her very involved with the planning stage, if she is involved in setting goals in regard to your farming biz she will take ownership as her dream as well and not just yours.What you have described as your "current" goal is great but you will not develop the kind of time it sounds like you need for her and family working off the farm full time unless you can make some changes as you grow. I believe it is doable if you consolidate to one location and are extremely efficient, if not it will get WAY worse chasing more cows all over your county!!!!! the other limitation you face is self imposed, you stated that your goal is not to farm full time, GUT CHECK time, have you made this decision based on security from your job ? or believe even if you wanted to you couldn't pull it off, or you truly don't want to ? you are not alone in your struggle, farming is unique in the fact that you can work 24 / 7 if you let yourself very few other forms of employment have unlimited hours available and if you are a driven type A personality you will be faced with this family vrs work dilemma .
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)