AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

What is your endgame?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Stock TalkMessage format

daddycal
Posted 7/27/2016 14:28 (#5435380 - in reply to #5435372)
Subject: RE: What is your endgame?

Montana
hulsefarms - 7/27/2016 13:21

I have a couple hundred cows and a couple hundred acres and am working on the paid for part. I've learned that the work I'm doing is for nothing if I'm not enjoying life along the way.

My end game:
Eternity in heaven.
To be a loving parent and husband.
To provide what my family needs in order that they have the opportunity and desire to answer this same question. (Not just to provide financially but more importantly to teach them how to have a personal relationship with Jesus Christ, how to set goals and priorities. How to be responsible and work towards those goals without losing sight of what is most important.

The end game your wife is talking about is not the most important part, it's the stuff between here and there, the journey, that is. If you can't honestly say you enjoy the journey then you need to find a way to make it enjoyable. Not just for you but your entire family. When your dead what will they say about you?

"He sure did have a lot of cows"
"He sure had lots of ground...equipment...wives..."
Or
"He raised his family right, taught them how to love God and each other and how to respect others while doing what he truly loved along the way.

I really love this answer a lot :)
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)