AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

What is your endgame?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Stock TalkMessage format

GregChuckles
Posted 7/27/2016 20:04 (#5435942 - in reply to #5435705)
Subject: RE: What is your endgame?

johnwayne360 - 7/27/2016 18:04

honestly.. right now my endgame keeps changing. Working full time and having cow/calf doesnt seem to work out well for me right now. Nothing major has gone wrong..yet..but im not getting things done the way they should be. But my wife also works full time. Which doesnt leave near enough time for the kids. So my endgame..for now anyway..is to not replace any culls. And slowly work my way down to 10 or so pet cows. Or maybe get rid of them all. I cant afford to hire fence built. have no time to do it myself..trying to make hay after work...I dont know how the rest of you do it.

I hear ya. Can't seem to win. Weather, sick animals, fencing. My parents little farm yard that I rent is neglected, weeds are growing, things get pushed aside...no time more important matters to take care of. Days become weeks, weeks become years and walla this is what it has snowballed into. House is a mess. Everything that I took pride in to keep clean and tidy is no longer.

Seems like everyone is making a living but me. Had to replace tires that cost almost as much as I paid for the damn thing. Got a tractor that's in the dealer for s leak they can't figure out, every time I'm called or come in its another grand. Brought a good sized calf home to treat, neighbors kids came driving by with 4 wheeler and spooked him and he damn near tore the corral down, busting a bunch of bosrds. Pony up for this, pay for that, and you're back to square one.

Edited by GregChuckles 7/27/2016 20:08
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)