AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

What is your endgame?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Stock TalkMessage format

puff33m
Posted 7/27/2016 12:58 (#5435241)
Subject: What is your endgame?

N FLA
So my wife penned me down about what's my endgame.....she supports me, but doesn't take much enjoyment in my farming. Mainly views it as a drain from time with family, or improving or maintaining our home. I'm busy already, so time spent comes at the expense of something, and she is right, that is family time. I have a well paying job, and becoming a fulltime farmer is not on either of our radars, and I don't pull any money out, so it doesn't look real financially rewarding.

So I think my endgame is 200 paid for cows and 200 paid for acres. Actually doesn't really sound like an endgame, but seems like a good reasonable place to get to. However, i need to get to 50 paid for cows first, and would sure like to have 20 paid for acres to get going.

I don't think I know how to communicate with my wife. This isn't a new problem, or one unique to me. I've been married 10 years, and I will be the first to admit, everything I have thrown at my wife is a lot different than the simple life we had when dating and as newlyweds.

I guess I am just venting, I know many of you fight the same battles. Mostly curious how any of you identify an "endgame" as my wife says, or how you communicate why the committments you make are worth it in the long run.

We are probably unique that neither of us came from a farm, and it probably doesn't help that neither of our parents have a pot to piss in after a lifetime of bad economic decisions. So we don't see people that have any legacy.

This has been on my mind for a month after a pretty good one at home that was really left unfinished. Not sure the next move.

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)