AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

What is your endgame?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Stock TalkMessage format

denice.r
Posted 7/27/2016 14:30 (#5435382 - in reply to #5435241)
Subject: RE: What is your endgame?

south east Indiana
I have been on the other end of a similar situation. I had a full time job, 50 ewes grew to a 100 and lived with a guy who worked only on the farm. I would my chores before and after work and help him and do the housework, cooking...It seemed when I had time to do things together he choose to do things alone or with his brother - go to bull sales, auctions, farm sales - be gone overnight which I could not do with the sheep. Then I did chores and mine.

I have learned men feel all those hours at work is providing for the family so they see that as giving, making sacrifices ect. Also learned most men need time alone - for some that is watching sport, some that is playing sports some that is a hobby. But that on their own time is necessary.

Women need time to connect, build that relationship and trust. Relationships - all of them - children, friends, husband is super important - just like you work hard because providing for the family is a high priority our relationships and the way we FEEL about them is that important to us.

With working part time and them being in charge of the house and day day things with your daughter I bet she is wanting time where you focus on her and your relationship. When we feel really connected all is right with the world. It does not take lots of time to say what we think and feel because we feel safe and secure to do that. Just having you take the time to Listen is what we want. But when we feel you are to busy or do not feel that close connection we do not say what is bothering us then it just snowballs instead of hey I want to go out to dinner this week and just talk it becomes you are to busy and never spend any time with me...

Just ask her to go check cattle and make a play date with your daughter friends and spend time driving and talking - not about the cattle - or take her to dinner or leave her a note unexpectedly or give her a call in the middle of your day - it will help her have a better perspective.

we woman are funny creatures - we just need TLC - rarely does that equate to sex just in case you guys are headed that direction :)
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)