AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

What is your endgame?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Stock TalkMessage format

footballjdtractor
Posted 7/27/2016 22:14 (#5436261 - in reply to #5435241)
Subject: RE: What is your endgame?

TX
This might be the most important post I've ever saw on ag talk. Nice work puff. Something I'm working through mentally right now is trying to not have an end game. I think it is dangerous to have career points that we feel we MUST meet. If we come up short of these points we feel like a failure. I think it's much better to treat our careers as a Sunday drive. Just enjoy the adventure. Work towards things that will make you and your family happy. Of course it is good to have some goals to strive towards but keep them in perspective. Most (myself included) need to worry less about what their neighbor thinks of them
And their operation as well. I have learned this the hard way through coaching. For several years our focus was to win our post season tournament. When we came up short our boys felt like losers no matter how great a kid or player they were. This was a huge mistake. Our focus now is on trying to be the best we can be and enjoying the time we get to spend together as a team. The amazing thing is that we're having more wins now that we've quit putting as much emphasis and stress on winning and more on enjoying ourselves.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)