AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

What is your endgame?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Stock TalkMessage format

badgercattle
Posted 7/27/2016 13:24 (#5435284 - in reply to #5435241)
Subject: RE: What is your endgame?

SW Wisconsin
Puff, I will celebrate my 15th anniversary with my bride next March and after 5 kids (19 most-11yrs old), a great marriage, and a good full time job, that series of questions and conversations has come up several times over the last 11 years of raising cattle and farming. I think what has worked for us is that we are not doing this necessarily for financial reasons but for l trying to live a dream. Few people that don't have an ag background see what we do through the perspective of a farmer/rancher. They see work, risk, frustration, time commitment, broken time commitments (cattle out), etc., etc., etc.,. We see the value in overcoming challenges, building an operation, growing and improving a herd/farm and successfully working through challenges.

The time and investment committed to our operation has only been possible because my wife and family have become invested in the dream and shared vision of growing and building something. I think my situation would be much different if my wife and family weren't on the same page as me.

I used to tell my wife it could be worse, I could be stock car racing or tractor pulling. She eventually lost humor in that comment. The last time I used it (years ago) she said that racing and pulling have a season that ends at some point...

I wish I could share some wisdom or insight but this the best I got. You've got a lot of good things going on in FL and I hope you and your wife can reach your 200x200 goal.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)