AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Garvo, and other feeders what are your thoughts on this article....
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Stock TalkMessage format

NDcattleman
Posted 11/16/2012 13:36 (#2700545 - in reply to #2694550)
Subject: Re: Garvo, and other feeders what are your thoughts on this article....

North Central ND
Garvo - I think you completely miss understood what I was saying. This could be in part to how I wrote it but I intended the absolute opposite of your understanding.

I certainly was not slamming anyone who works hard. I feel I work pretty hard myself, in fact I was at the salebarn for 20 hours wednesday. I work that hard and put in the hours to raise a little money to help with the costs of increasing my herd. When I said us in "Many of us simply dont want to work as hard as you have to to keep a cow herd going." I was referring to part of my generation. Not all and certainly not myself.

I was also talking about other young folks when I made the comment about lake cabins and toys. My parents own a snowmobile that hasnt moved in 5 years and a camper that I havent stayed in for a good 3 years. Dad got out of the cattle and no longer owns any of them. He has been a huge help to me just as I help him with the crop farming that I one day plan to take over, but he and mom have time to go places and I stay home to tend to my herd. I wouldnt have it any other way!! When I go on a trip I miss home by day 2.. no better feeling than walkin outside and getting something done.

I understand the work it takes to be successful and enjoy every bit of it. I also respect you for the work you have done and the improvements you have been making to your operation.

Thank you Jim and Companyman for trying to clear up what I meant. The both of you were dead on.

Maybe the problems in the country pertain to hearing or reading something, jumping to a conclusion and using quotations out of context to support your opinion...
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)