AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Garvo, and other feeders what are your thoughts on this article....
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Stock TalkMessage format

mcupps
Posted 11/13/2012 12:35 (#2694876 - in reply to #2694550)
Subject: Re: Garvo, and other feeders what are your thoughts on this article....

Downtown Shell Knob MO Come Visit!
I get excited when I drive through Iowa and see all the barns going up. Kinda makes me want to go home and feed the "momma cows" a little more.
I know Im in cow calf country but I sure am starting to like cow herds more than feeders. I haven't had to spend any money on calves this fall and I have way too many out on wheat or at the bunk,
Having your own calves and your own feed is like raise corn if you already have the seed and nitrogen. the price can get pretty low and thing still pencil.
Of course I do have all the cow payments but they happen to be the same exact amount that they were five years ago and the bank tells me that my interest is fixed so I think Ive got that cost nailed down for a couple more years.
I don't feel sorry for anyone though. I hate seeing not so smart momma cow raisers making good money but they still live in a trailer house and haven't had the money to go on a winter vacation to Flordia in 30 or 40 years so I guess there time is due.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)