AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Garvo, and other feeders what are your thoughts on this article....
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Stock TalkMessage format

Jim
Posted 11/14/2012 10:31 (#2696616 - in reply to #2696430)
Subject: Re: Garvo, and other feeders what are your thoughts on this article....

Driftless SW Wisconsin

Gary, In NDCattleman's defense, I didn't take it that he was "slamming anyone who works".  He sounds like an ambitious hard working young man interested in the cattle business who was just describing other young people as he see things.  Sounds like we need more of him.

Being somewhat of an optimistic person, I think there may be more young people like NDCattleman lurking in the wings who ARE ready to work.  I wouldn't guess how many but there are young people who can see an opportunity and work hard to take advantage of it.  Your son Adam certainly seems like a young man willing to work.  I have a couple sons like that too, although not in the cattle business.

To me the key to turning around cattle numbers is that the prices paid to the producer, especially the cow/calf guy,  need to go up. If they get to a point where a hard working young person can make a profit then calf numbers will turn around, if slowly.  jmho.

Jim

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)