AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Trying to Understand the thinking behind this
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

Tara Farms
Posted 3/24/2015 19:01 (#4474610 - in reply to #4473685)
Subject: RE:Tara, Tara, That's not fair. - response to 1234

Red River Valley
1234 I think the biggest difference between you and I is the belief that you have in cutting our production will not be met with and equal amount of world wide production. The thing we most likely disagree with is that the US can cut production, raise prices and hold market share. the problem is not just in exports the killer is in imports from Brazil into this country.

Set aside's are not new to this country we have had many in the 70 years before freedom to farm non of them really worked. The problem with set asides is that they artificially hold land values above real world values which in turn allows production to increase in the rest of the world while we give away market share.

The best working feature of any farm bill in this country history ( at least my farming history) was the LDP program it allowed the US farmer an avenue to market his grain and push it onto the world market at prices that were at or above breakeven for the us farmer and crippled any and all expansion of Ag in the rest of the world.

Corn production everywhere in the world was a response to demand these added bushels will not go unsold, the fact that the US pushed land values, equipment cost, shop cost and living expenses well above the world avg. and into the highest in the world will have to be dealt with before any Idling of production can be of any help to the US farmer.

I also believe that there will come a point when idling of acres might become necessary but that program will IMO need to wait until COP are dealt with.

I have said it before and will again this will be a process not and event.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)