AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Trying to Understand the thinking behind this
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

vailcat
Posted 3/24/2015 08:36 (#4473497 - in reply to #4473447)
Subject: RE: Trying to Understand the thinking behind this

NCND
emtbd1979 - 3/24/2015 08:11

dpilot83 - 3/24/2015 07:06

Let me know what the alternative is.

Like it or not, there is land in places other than the I states. That land laying idle will be the way to lose the most money relative to other alternatives for the owners/tenants of that land. Therefore it will not lie idle.

In our area, when land rent gets down to $15-$20 per acre, putting cattle on it may be more profitable than crops. We've got a long ways to go to get there. So what are you suggesting?

To me it sounds like you want others to cut back so you don't have to. It doesn't really work that way. How about you start first:)
no here in the corn belt we just have to work another job like we did before 07. So I've already started taking myself back. I'm suggesting any junk ground or people with -60 or more basis levels should move out of the market because we don't need the bushels right now. Of course it won't happen so ill work my other side job raise corn and beans and hay raise cows and watch the 90's come back and then everyone can bitch and complain together. Well because we have all this grain and nowhere to go with it. Actually farming was more fun to me prior to 2007. Maybe it will be fun again.

For being such a staunch anti Obama free market conservative that you are emtd79 you sure sound like a communist here giving quotas to people. Congrats. You are hypocrisy defined.

Everyone complains about something. Basis up here. You complained about your droughts and how you never got to share in the great times like everyone else yet you found time and money to quit your job in town. Congrats again.

you need to get a little bigger world and market view than the one you take in between the farm and the drive to your job in town.

I wish it was 2007 still too. I'd be under thirty then!

It's gonna hurt boys no way around it. The sooner you get the hurt over with the sooner you can all go back to straight farming.

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)