AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Trying to Understand the thinking behind this
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

Tara Farms
Posted 3/24/2015 08:49 (#4473524 - in reply to #4473073)
Subject: RE: As I was once told

Red River Valley
but Jon and 1234 should have free reign to sit repeatedly and tell us we need to Idle ground or plant something they don't want to so that they can be profitable.

Jon started last fall with this ever changing mantra of what he is not going to plant - telling us that corn and beans weren't worth the effort and well lucky for Jon he could simply plant milo or sorghum didn't need to worry about him if they wanted his corn and beans they would have to raise the price. well then what happened ??

1234 gets on his soap box and tells us everyday sometimes multiple times a day that we need to voluntarily set aside 5-10% of our acres and by doing this we will raise prices to a level that makes it profitable for him to raise corn and beans.

Both of them will come on here with these super spread sheets and regression charts showing how simply cutting production will magically raise prices .80 cents The problem is that they keep believing that demand lives in a vacuum and that nobody can or will replace the fall in our production with added production.

The problem is that if this theory would truly have worked we would have had 10 years of high prices after 2012 almost 30% reduction in production not 10 months.

The main problem here is that most on this site do not want to have to come to the realization that at some point they will have to addressee land cost, most what somebody to give them a easy out and show how they can go to their banker and say see I can pay this much and this is what will allow me to do so. It is far better that they come to this realization on their own vs the banker doing it for them.

History tells us if its the bankers choice it won't just be rented land that is lost.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)