AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

LAND STORY & NOW GATE LOCK ..I'M FURIOUS.. NOW WHAT'S YOUR THOUGHTS? ?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

Oldtonew
Posted 5/21/2015 11:46 (#4583599)
Subject: LAND STORY & NOW GATE LOCK ..I'M FURIOUS.. NOW WHAT'S YOUR THOUGHTS? ?

Posted this land story situation in the following link a couple weeks ago
http://talk.newagtalk.com/forums/thread-view.asp?tid=554021&mid=455...

Since the above post I have communicated with 1 landowner by email back and forth a few times, have not been able to make contact by phone, don't really understand why someone will not communicate by phone when you try to call them and ask them to call you in email message. In email landowner admits fault of not communicating , kinda bashes the real estate company for overpricing the property. (That being said I feel many don't realize the cost of advertising and other expenses a realtor has in trying to market a property in hope to sell and make a commission.) However there are good realtors and not good realtors just as it is in any business dealing with someone who provides a service ie mechanic, plumber, painter, house cleaning , landscaping, bookkeeping and etc. which I am sure we all know from experience. I respond in a neutral and firm manner ( not rude at all or overly nice, just in casual business tone) of how things really are in aspect of personal and business affairs and land markets. I ask questions regarding the property as per to what realty company had done in marketing and getting any interest or offers on the property since I know people have viewed the property. Then landowner quits communication and didn't reply. I follow up again still no reply. Seems it is as before, landowner will initiate a conversation wanting a favor / help to sell land then stop communicating. You cant help someone when they do not communicate. If landowner and myself had been in argument over the years I could understand them not communicating but that has not happened.

Now the rest of the story. I have been in and out of the property time to time as usual and went yesterday evening to get my bush hog I need to use that had been left on the property from when doing some work last year. I start to unlock the gate and the lock has been changed and a real estate card of different agent ( same realty company that has had property listed but different agent from a different office location about 80 miles away) was stuck on the gate. I been working all day, needed to get my bush hog was tired and this just did set well with me. I blew my top at the moment and if I had bolt cutters with me I would have cut the lock cause I was so furious. This type of action of realtor or landowner is uncalled for without proper notification. Landowner has my contact information and the real estate company should as well since landowner told them I look after the place. I been nice , looked after the place , done upkeep at my expense cause I had permission to hunt on property and just being neighborly ,which seems to not be valued anymore in todays society.

There is a proper way and improper way to conduct yourself in business or personal matters and right now I am still furious and don't want to communicate with the realtor or landowner after this type of action cause it can get ugly depending on their attitude response and my frustration. Question is who is the one behind the lock being changed after all this time property been on market? new agent with realty company or landowner ( having it changed by realtor since they have previously avoided formal communication due to probably being ashamed to face me since things have happened the way they have with their life / plans and they know I have took care of the place and never sent them a bill for anything) People are unpredictable.

I know I am not the only one that something like this has happened to before. Anybody here experienced this before.
How should I respond ?
Would I have any legal rights since I have written permission beginning years back to be on property with indefinite end date and key to property gate before lock was cut off or taken off by realtor agent ?
If this lock change has been done by agent only. I feel agent has performed a legal violation by doing such without written notice.

I am Furious because of this type of action with gate lock change after keeping up the place, being reasonable and nice on all other matters and now cant get on the property as I have for years. What is your thoughts now and how would you react?

Edited by Oldtonew 5/21/2015 11:59

Attachments
----------------
Attachments Scan land and hunt permit.tif (2717KB - 1045 downloads)
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)