AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

LAND STORY & NOW GATE LOCK ..I'M FURIOUS.. NOW WHAT'S YOUR THOUGHTS? ?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

agronomydave
Posted 5/22/2015 15:15 (#4585412 - in reply to #4583599)
Subject: I CAN'T BELIEVE WHAT I'M READING...

Southcentral WI
Especially after finding out they are going thru a divorce, why do you have ANY assets still on their property? It's THEIR property, it's not their responsibility to know if you have any assets there or not, and it's THEIR property to do as they see fit with. Who cares who put the lock there - you have absolutely no financial or legal stake in the game, and no input what-so-ever in what they do with the property or how they manage it. You're not even family. You're merely a voluntary upkeep option that was satisfied with the opportunity to hunt it. I can't believe that Oldtonew is even debating/arguing that he has any rights in this scenario......he doesn't! Cut the lock - but if the landowners can prove you did it and trespassed - you're facing legal action.

The best advice I have heard has been from Paul and the poster who said to call the realtor and politely explain what you have, your documentation, that you understand what is going on and would like to retrieve your documented assets.

Get it in your head that you have absolutely NO CONNECTION or tie to this land anymore. Once that couple decided to divorce, you were done. You are now at fault, not them, for having your equipment behind a locked gate to which you do not own the key.

Good luck, because if you don't get your stuff together soon, you're gonna need more than luck.

Edited by agronomydave 5/22/2015 15:17
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)