AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Help me understand why coop’s merge
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

Jrditchdigger
Posted 5/18/2021 07:05 (#9011157 - in reply to #9010850)
Subject: RE: Help me understand why coop’s merge

Southern MN
I used to be on the implement side and the company we sold equipment for was forcing the mergers. They just want to deal with less dealerships. Used to go through an outside consulting company that many of the dealerships of all colors are a part of to help us in managing the company. It was a long time ago but I believe they said up to 3 stores could be managed fine, but than after that everything changed. Any weaknesses start to be amplified, especially in management. Well they were right. Went from 3 to 6 stores. Management, along with a lot of other things became more of a problem. It takes a special person to manage these organizations when they reach a certain size, and there just isn’t many people with the experience and in many cases talent to do it very well. For the right manager their pay is not really an issue, because if managed right a large company can make a lot of money. A poor one could pay you and you would still be worse off. I believe that is why the goofy wages paid for CEO’s in large companies. Too little talent available and too many of these huge companies.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)