AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Salesman of the year, you got any good stories?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

4430deere
Posted 2/23/2021 21:09 (#8854121 - in reply to #8852492)
Subject: RE: Salesman of the year, you got any good stories?

A few years ago I wrote my truck off and was paid out pretty good for it, so was looking for a newer truck and since new ones were almost the same price as 2 year old trucks I went to our local dealer who had something new that would work for me and it had been sitting there for over 6 months, it was an odd color and not many options. They wanted something like $50000 for this truck. So I said what can you do for a no nonsense, no warranty, no trade, straight cash deal. He came back with $100 off their price. I thought they should be able to do better than that. Ended up finding a cut down no options pickup a few weeks later somewhere else.

Another time I was looking at a 25ish year old wishek disk that needed a fair bit of work. I was ready to buy that disk, price was decent and I had the parts I needed already, all i needed was to get someone to write up an invoice. I waited in that showroom, asking to see a salesman etc about 5 or 6 times over a 2 hour timeframe. All the while being told they were too busy while i could clearly hear them BSing and doing nothing. I ended up leaving, called a couple of times and never heard back. Figured it was sold already, bought something that would do me at a sale. That wishek disk sat there for a year. No wonder given the effort they put in to sell it.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)