AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Salesman of the year, you got any good stories?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

Hay Hud Ohio
Posted 2/23/2021 16:54 (#8853537 - in reply to #8852492)
Subject: RE: Salesman of the year, you got any good stories?

SW Ohio
Whoo boy, lots of good stories here, I can't read them all at once.

Here is one of mine. Many moons ago I was a college student at our state capital, Dad at home said we needed a large straight grain truck, go look around and see what i could find. I have been jamming gears in trucks since I was 10 and knew more than your average college kid about trucks. So I stop in the big Ford dealer in the Capital city, dressed in my best nerdy college outfit, and proceed to talk with a salesman about what they had, (there were several good candidates). While we are standing in the lot looking at one, dealer employee drives a tandem dump out of the shop and proceeds to park it in the front row, which had a guardrail at the sidewalk. He pulls too far forward and manages to jam the guard rail and post under the front of the truck and butcher the bottom of the radiator, antifreeze spewing everywhere and running down the sidewalk. Salesman looks at me as I have my poker face on, and says "mechanic must have put too much antifreeze in it and they had to drain some out", like it happens that way every day..... I left.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)