AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Salesman of the year, you got any good stories?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

jumpinfarmer
Posted 2/23/2021 21:28 (#8854174 - in reply to #8852492)
Subject: RE: Salesman of the year, you got any good stories?

western NY
Not a bad story though I probably have a few. maybe 6 or 7 years ago after I had the accountant do my pre tax plan and said I needed to spend some money before the end of the year. Had been thinking about a new chisel plow for a while and wanted a Landol 11 shank so I asked my salesman for a price (he's also a good friend) also asked another dealer about a Sunflower just for comparison and got a price on both rite away. Really wanted the Landol so went with it and wanted the deal done before the end of the year. Salesman is always busy and finally calls me about 6pm on the 29th of December and asked if I would be home later he had the paperwork and would get my check. At 11:45 that night he got here and we made the deal, had him write the time on the paper so years later we would remember it.

Same salesman a few years before got a deal from me for a new Shulte rock picker Westfield auger and Killbros 1150 cart. Really needed the cart and auger and sort of wanted the rock picker. Also offered the same deal to the salesman at the Deere dealer 5 miles up the road and was given the I will get back to you in a day or two story. After a week or two I went with dealer #1 never heard from the Deere dealer even though it was early spring and I was in and out of there store almost every day for something. Almost a year goes by and I'm in the Deere dealer getting parts and the owner and salesman ask me to come into the office. Sort of felt like high school going to see the principal. They proceed to ask why I filled out this Deere survey that had been sent out months before the way I did. I had given fairly high ratings for the parts and service but gave the lowest rating on sales. They said it was going to afect there awards and were pretty upset, wanting to know why I did this. I reminded the salesman I wanted a price on an auger, rockpicker and cart. He said I'll look it up rite now. I said too late, I've already used the ones I bought for a year now.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)